This recipe is from Medical Medium and is a great way to assist your body in detoxing metals that are found in our everyday environment.
What heavy metal exposure do you recieve?
Heavy metals can be found in any of the following items:
- Mercury Fillings
- Mercury Filling Removal
- CT Scans
- Flu Shots
- Aluminum – mainstream deodorant, soda cans, aluminum foil/baking pans
- Metal cookware
- Lead based paints
- Even some herbicides and pesticides.
Here are some notes about the ingredients:
- Bananas. Can be fresh or frozen, depending on how thick you want your smoothie to be!
- Wild Blueberries. This is important as they have different qualities than the mass cultivated blueberries. If you can’t find them fresh or frozen, you can substitute wild blueberry powder.
- Cilantro. Make sure it’s fresh and organic. The taste is very subtle.
- Orange Juice. Fresh squeezed will have most nutrient content. You’ll want to cut an orange in half and fresh squeeze it.
- Barley Grass Juice Powder. Make sure it’s the “juice” powder, not just barley grass powder.
- Spirulina. There are a bunch of options here, make sure to choose one you trust.
- Atlantic Dulse. This is harder to find. Flakes, whole leaf or powder will all work!
- Water. If you want a thinner consistency, water is great! Just make sure you’re using pure water. There is no reason to do a detox smoothie without good water!
Optional Added Ingredients
The following ingredients can be added to this smoothie. They are not part of the original smoothie, but they are part of the Medical Medium diet and suggestions from The Healthy Family & Home blog. I feel any would be a welcome addition.
- Fresh Aloe Vera
- Pitaya, Fresh or Frozen
- Liquid Zinc
- 2 organic bananas
- 2 cups organic wild blueberries
- 1 cup organic cilantro
- 1 cup organic orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon barley grass juice powder
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- 1 handful Atlantic dulse
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until well combined.
- For a thick, smoothie bowl texture: use (2) frozen bananas
- For a thinner, smoothie texture: add (1) cup filtered/purified water
Recipe is from Medical Medium with some adaptations from The Healthy Family & Home.